Monday, May 7, 2012

Charles Wheelan - 10 Things Your Commencement Speaker Won't Tell You

1. Your time in fraternity basements was well spent.
The same goes for the time you spent playing intramural sports, working on the school newspaper or just hanging with friends. Research tells us that one of the most important causal factors associated with happiness and well-being is your meaningful connections with other human beings. Look around today. Certainly one benchmark of your postgraduation success should be how many of these people are still your close friends in 10 or 20 years.
Read it at The Wall Street Journal
By Charles Wheelan
(h/t Lauren G)


During college I spent a significant portion of my time playing intramural sports, hanging out with friends and getting involved in leadership roles within my fraternity, Alpha Epsilon Pi. When I returned for my 5 year reunion a few weeks ago, it was a group of my fraternity brothers that reunited and spent the majority of the time together catching up. Today I remain close with many of my college friends and have not for a second regretted all the time spent building those relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment